Voter Information Index (Q&A)
- Can I vote in CLPS school elections?
- How do I register to vote?
- When is the last day I can register to vote for the next election?
- Where do I vote?
- How can I obtain an Absentee Ballot? I will not be in town on the day of the next election.
- What items will be on the next ballot?
- What is the ballot language?
- How should I vote?
A1. You must live within the boundaries of the Center Line Public Schools district before you can vote in any CLPS school election. Center Line Public Schools educates pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade Center Line and Warren residents in Southern Macomb County, Michigan. If you are a registered voter age 18 or older, own or rent a home or apartment, or live anywhere in the district, then you should be able to vote in the CLPS elections.
See the CLPS District Map: HERE
A2. You can register at a Secretary of State office, or online now at http://www.macombcountymi.gov/clerksoffice/ElectionDept.htm#RegisterToVote. You can also register at Warren and Center Line City Clerk offices. Many local schools also have registration materials.
- Directions to Warren City Clerk: CLICK HERE
- Click here for the Warren City Clerk website
- Directions to Center Line City Clerk: CLICK HERE
- Click here for the Center Line Office Directory (includes Clerk information)
- City of Center Line Election Information (includes dates, precincts, and more)
A3. The voter registration deadlines are typically 30 days prior to the date of the election. Please check with your city clerk’s office (either Warren or Center Line) to verify. Information on contacting your city clerk is available in Answer 2, above.
Find your precinct (polling location) at either of the following locations:
- Michigan Voter Information: https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote/
Here is a list of Precincts:
City of Center Line Polling Locations:
- Precinct No. 1: Center Line High School, 26300 Arsenal
- Precinct No. 2: Center Line City Hall, 7070 E. Ten Mile
- Precinct No. 3: Parks and Recreation Bldg., 25355 Lawrence
- Precinct No. 4: Parks and Recreation Bldg., 25355 Lawrence
City of Warren Polling Locations:
- Precinct No. 18: Owen Jax Recreation Center, 8207 Nine Mile Rd., E. of Van Dyke
- Precinct No. 19: Early Childhood Center (ECC) Building, 24580 Cunningham, nr. Marcy
- Precinct No. 20: Roose Elementary School, 25310 Masch, N. of Ten Mile
- Precinct No. 21: Roose Elementary School, 25310 Masch, N. of Ten Mile
- Precinct No. 22: Crothers Elementary School, 27401 Campbell, nr. Garbor
- Precinct No. 23: Peck Elementary School, 11300 Engleman, nr. Adair
- Precinct No. 36: Butcher Community Center, 27500 Cosgrove, N. of Eleven Mile
A5. Family vacations or work schedules need not prevent you from voting in school elections. A general Absentee Voting (AV) application is available online at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/AbsentVoterBallot_105377_7.pdf
You may also pick up an absentee ballot at your local city clerk’s office. For directions, see the “Voter Registration (How to Vote)” page.
A6. Their will be one, and only one, item on the May 7, 2013, ballot in both the cities of Center Line and Warren: “Center Line Public Schools – Operating Millage Renewal Proposal”
A7. You can view a two sample versions of the ballot by clicking here (note: actual layouts may vary based on the style of voting equipment in use at your polling location): Sample Ballots
A8. We cannot tell you how to vote in any school election. Whether an election is held a to elect a board member, renew a millage, or other school initiatives, the district must remain neutral. We feel that educating the leaders of tomorrow is important for any community. Only you can decide if future generations deserve a quality education from within quality facilities and overseen by quality elected officials. We can only ask that you do vote in school elections, and we can provide you with information to help you make an informed decision. Good luck with your choice.